Gettin’ Funky – 5 Steps to Pulling Yourself Out of a Funk
Have you ever just been in a bad mood? You feel like you are in a funk! You say to yourself, “I wish I could just SANP out of it!”
Well, guess what…there is actually science behind your bad mood…
You’re NOT CRAZY!!!! However, you are responsible! There is something you can do about it.
Your bad mood is linked to the chemicals in your body and you can use those chemicals to impact your mood for the better!
Here are 5 things to do to pull yourself out of a funk, FAST:
- Boost your Serotonin with positive reminiscing. When you feel the onslaught of emotions bubbling up and you feel the bad mood rolling in like the tide, conjure up some memories of a time when you felt blissful. Serotonin boosts your feeling of calm. Pull out the photo albums or scroll on Facebook recalling a happy time in life. Take deep breathes and feel the good feeling.
- Boost your Dopamine by dancing. When you’re in a bad mood, dopamine levels are low. Dopamine enhances your feeling of pleasure. Instead of being in a funk…turn up the volume and get funky with it! Crank up the tunes and dance like no one’s watching! Do the “Funky Chicken”, do the “Robot” or you can even do “The Stanky Leg”, but whatever you do, be the Dancing Queen and disco right out of your ad mood!
- Boost your Testosterone by striking a power pose. A power pose puts your body in a powerful stance. Your body feels your stance and immediately releases testosterone that activates that powerful feeling. It’s hard to feel powerful in your own life and be in a bad mood at the same time. The “Wonder Woman” is my favorite…It’s easy…Stand up straight, feet shoulder width apart, hands on your hips and head held high…do that for 60 seconds and see how grumpy you feel…
- Boost your Oxytocin by thinking about someone who loves you. Oxytocin gives you all the feels. It makes you feel warm and fuzzy all over. Think about someone who loves you or someone that you love. Bask in the warmth of their adoration…phone a friend, call your Momma or Facetime a friend. Boost your Oxytocin and feel connected to love. You won’t be in a bad mood very long.
- Boost your Endorphins by eating chocolate and chili peppers. (Exercise works well, too…) Endorphins are what make you feel excited. It’s hard to be in a bad mood when you feel enthusiastic. Working out and moving your body is the fastest way to release those “feel good hormones” into your system but if you don’t feel like working out, eat some chocolate and chili peppers and go from feeling icky to euphoric in no time at all.
So, just to sum it all up…if you’ve been feeling like your stuck in a bad mood…dream, dance, make like Wonder Woman and strike a pose. Eat chocolate and chilis and go from being in a funk to getting’ funky with it and rock your life at a whole new level!
If you’ve felt trapped in an ordinary life while dreams of an extraordinary life of impact keep you awake at night…I can help…
I help ordinary women find their extraordinary, pursue their purpose and change the world. Get your free training on How Discovering Your Purpose will change the game HERE!