Life is Soooo Hard
Have you ever said to yourself, “I can’t do this…it’s just TOO HARD!”
If you have felt like life is too hard, I get it…and it really isn’t your fault! Covid, racism, the election, social distancing, the acne that comes from wearing masks (can somebody say AMEN???), homeschooling and working…all of these things can add up and make you feel like you want to pull your hair out.
Am I right???
Women tell me all of the time, “It’s hard to change.” “It’s hard to be positive.” “It’s hard to stop putting myself last…everyone else needs me!”
Here’s the thing…your brain doesn’t know the difference between what’s real and imagined. It only goes by what it hears. If the confession of your mouth is always, This is so hard!”…then that’s what your brain believes. Before you know it, you feel overwhelmed and spiral into overwhelm!
But in reality…life is not hard…life is actually easy.
Whenever you tell yourself something is hard, it becomes unattainable. If something is unattainable, it let’s you off of the hook of having to conquer it.
Change may feel hard, but staying the same is also hard. In fact, staying stuck in the same old grind is harder than creating change but you tell yourself it’s “hard” because if it’s hard, it let’s you off the hook.
Life was created to be lived with a flow. Even Philippians 4:13 says, “I can do all things through Christ who gives me the strength.”
Here are some awesome tricks on how to make life feel a little bit easier…
- Tell yourself, “This is easy! I got this!’
- Call the shots! You tell life what’s gonna happen…don’t sit around and wait for life to happen to you!
- Take a deep breath…pause and feel what’s happening in that moment.
- Don’t assume your fears on your present…
- Trust yourself…so what if you blew it in the past. That doesn’t mean you’ll blow it again.
- Ask for help if you need it. You were not created to carry the world on your shoulders.
- Give yourself permission to live with “easy”. (Sometimes we get so used to things feeling hard that hard feels more comfortable.)
Life is not hard. Life is easy. You’ve got this!